Winter is coming and businesses need to be prepared.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a state of economic emergency for Westminster’s businesses. Due to the impacts from the various public health orders that began earlier this year, nearly all businesses are currently facing economic losses and are in need of immediate assistance in order to:
1) Satisfy rent and mortgage obligations
2) Offset increased operating costs from the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to operate safely
3) Allow restaurants and bars to provide outdoor seating and heating in order to promote social distancing through the fall and winter months
Application period is now open. Click button below to apply.
Apply for WestyRISE Business Assistance Grant
The City will commit $500,000 to the WestyRISE Winter Business Assistance Grant that may be used by qualifying businesses to satisfy monthly rental or mortgage payments and provide PPE for employees. This one-time grant will include three separate categories of grant funds. Submitted applications will automatically be reviewed for eligibility of all categories of grant funds based on eligibility criteria. The three categories of grant funds include:
- Grant funds for monthly rental or mortgage payments equal to the lesser of (i) three months’ rental or mortgage payments or (ii) $15,000. Grant funds may be requested for monthly rent or mortgage payments due for the months of August 2020, September 2020, and October 2020. Monthly rental payments eligible for the grant include monthly base rent and any rent related expenses such as common area maintenance or reimbursements for insurance, utilities, and taxes. Monthly mortgage payments eligible for the grant include principal and interest only.
- Grant funds for the purchase of PPE equal to the lesser of (i) $100 per current full time equivalent employee (FTE) or (ii) $2,000.
- Grant funds in the amount of $1,000 for restaurants and bars that intend to offer outdoor dining, to support social distancing, through the fall and winter months. These funds may be used by restaurants and bars only to purchase outdoor tables, chairs, heaters, tents or other related equipment to support outdoor dining through the fall and winter months.
The maximum grant award for businesses eligible for all three categories of grant funds is $18,000.
To qualify for a grant, a business must meet all of the following criteria:
- Business must have had a reduction in revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business must have been in operation at least six months prior to the application date, with a physical address located within the City of Westminster. Home based businesses may not apply for the grant program.
- Business may have no more than 75 FTEs. See application for guidelines on calculating FTEs.
- Businesses with more than one physical location in the City of Westminster may apply for the grant program for multiple locations, however the total award amount may not exceed the maximum award amount of $15,000 for rental or mortgage payments, $2,000 for PPE, and $1,000 for restaurants and bars to offer outdoor dining through the fall and winter months. For purposes of estimating FTEs, the FTE count shall be based only on the specific location(s) applying for the grant. Corporately-owned national chains may not apply for the grant program.
- Business must be operating and actively conducting business as of the application date, unless required by a public health order to remain closed.
- Business must have an active Westminster business license.
- Business must be in good standing with the City of Westminster and the Colorado Secretary of State before grant funds may be awarded. Considerations for good standing for the City of Westminster include outstanding taxes owed to the City of Westminster, outstanding utility bills, and all permits or licenses issued by the City of Westminster being current and active.
- Businesses that previously received the WestyRISE Business Grant or WestyRISE and DINE Business Grant are eligible for the WestyRISE Winter Business Assistance Grant. However, the additional $1,000 for restaurants and bars that intend to offer outdoor dining, cannot be used for the same expenses previously submitted and paid for through the previous WestyRISE and DINE Business Grant.
- Return a completed and signed application to the City of Westminster Economic Development Department by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide documented support for monthly rental or mortgage payments, such as:
- An executed lease agreement, invoice, or mortgage coupon
- Grants for eligible businesses will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
- Grant awards will be paid directly to the applicant business. Checks will be mailed to the business address listed on the W-9.
- Final grant award decisions will be made by the Director of Economic Development based on criteria and eligibility detailed above.
For questions regarding the WestyRISE Winter Business Assistance Grant, please email us at email@example.com. You may also call 303-658-2108; however, as we are practicing social distancing by working remotely, emails will receive a quicker response.