Winter is coming and businesses need to be prepared.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a state of economic emergency for Westminster’s businesses. Due to the impacts from the various public health orders that began earlier this year, nearly all businesses are currently facing economic losses and are in need of immediate assistance in order to:
1) Satisfy rent and mortgage obligations
2) Offset increased operating costs from the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to operate safely
3) Allow restaurants and bars to provide outdoor seating and heating in order to promote social distancing through the fall and winter months
The City will commit $500,000 to the WestyRISE Winter Business Assistance Grant that may be used by qualifying businesses to satisfy monthly rental or mortgage payments and provide PPE for employees. This one-time grant will include three separate categories of grant funds. Submitted applications will automatically be reviewed for eligibility of all categories of grant funds based on eligibility criteria. The three categories of grant funds include:
- Grant funds for monthly rental or mortgage payments
- Grant funds for the purchase of PPE
- Grant funds for restaurants and bars that intend to offer outdoor dining, to support social distancing, through the fall and winter months
The application period opens Thursday, October 1 at 8:00 a.m., and businesses can find more information about the specific categories and eligibility here.
For questions regarding the WestyRISE Winter Business Assistance Grant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call 303-658-2108; however, as we are practicing social distancing by working remotely, emails will receive a quicker response.