Colorado Governor Jared Polis recently directed the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to move any Colorado county in level red on the COVID-19 dial framework to level orange. The move to level orange affects both Jefferson and Adams Counties, which the City of Westminster resides in.
The change to level orange went into effect on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
The city has not been at level orange since Friday, Nov. 20.
According to Gov. Polis, the state has been in a sustained decline for COVID-19 cases since Dec. 17, which is thanks to Coloradoans taking steps to protect themselves and others.
To learn more about what Level Orange means, including the differences in restrictions by category, visit CDPHE’s Dial webpage.
In summary, at level orange, the following capacity restrictions are in place:
- 25% or 50 people at restaurants, places of worship and non-critical manufacturing
- 25% at offices and retail
- 25% or 25 people at gyms/fitness centers, personal services and limited health care settings
Events are limited to:
- 25% or 50 people, whichever is fewer
- 25% or 75 people, whichever is fewer
- 25% or 10 people at outdoor-guided services
- Virtual or outdoors in groups of less than 10 at group sports and camps
Personal gatherings will continue to be limited to 10 people from no more than two households —with face coverings and social distancing required indoors and when within six feet of others.
NOTE: The following is for residents/businesses located in Jefferson County in Westminster:
In addition, Jefferson County Public Health released the Third Amended PHO 20-009, effective on Jan. 1, 2021, which is more restrictive than the state’s Dial and limits gatherings further in Jefferson County. Under PHO 20-009:
- Indoor events are limited to 25% capacity or 25 people, calculated using the social distancing calculator, whichever is smaller.
- Outdoor events are limited to 25% capacity or 75 people, calculated using the social distancing calculator, whichever is smaller.
- Spectators at youth sporting events are prohibited.