The WestyRISE and DINE Business Grant aided local restaurants and bars which had a decline in sales due to public health orders.
- Over 90% of the businesses assisted had fewer that 20 FTEs
- The average grant award was $7,812 (64 businesses, $500,000 in total funds)
- The businesses supported by the grant employ at total for 687 FTEs
- 23 businesses used funds to make permanent or semi-permanent modifications to their physical location, enabling them to operate more safely during COVID and in some cases adding long term value (e.g. adding patios or outdoor dining areas)
- Another 35 businesses received funds to help offset equipment costs that are necessary to operate safely during COVID
The chart below illustrates the breakout by category and value awarded: